Monday 14 December 2015

Scholarship Results for London Business School

So apparently scholarship announcements have been going out over the last 2 weeks since LBS handed out acceptance offers. Not having heard from them, I thought I'd better confirm this on the slim chance that maybe I didn't hear from them because they were a little slower this year.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. I was told though that while majority of the scholarships had been given out to other recipients, there was another round of scholarship announcements in May, when all offered candidates from Rounds 1 through 3 will be considered once again. I also learnt that as a student on a full-time MBA in the UK you are allowed to work 20 hours per week in term time (realistically feasible from terms two or three onwards) and full-time in vacation periods.

I must say it is quite disappointing to not have received a scholarship because the numbers after you convert British pounds to required NZ dollars do not look very palatable! I have been looking at currency forecasts though and the British pound is predicted to go down in value over the next few months so fingers crossed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment