Saturday 5 December 2015

It Arrived

It's been a week since I got the news of acceptance from LBS and this just arrived via DHL:


The offer pack also contained two copies of my offer letter, information on visa applications and a hand written card from the admissions officer for my region.

Receiving the pack makes it seem so much more "real" and definitely gets me excited about going to LBS. While I was leaning towards INSEAD when I first started doing applications, I must say that I'm definitely leaning more towards LBS now - and not just because I've been accepted there. In this past week I've also joined the LBS MBA2018 Facebook group, met some of my potential future classmates online, had a phone call from one of the student ambassadors and traded emails with the LBS ad com. All positive interactions with really friendly and helpful people. It has definitely helped me feel more like I can really fit into the community, which was one of the things I wasn't entirely sure of during the application phase compared with the many INSEADers with whom I hit off with from the start.

I'm almost tempted to go ahead and accept my place in LBS and not wait for a decision from INSEAD. Hmmm....scholarship announcements for LBS come out next week, which is a major decision factor for me. For now, I'm going to wait and see. In the meantime I've got a murder mystery party to organise.


No comments:

Post a Comment