Friday 13 November 2015

Thinking Back to The Beginning

I've flirted with the idea of doing an MBA for years, but each time I've put it off with excuses - too expensive, not the right time, too busy, buying a house, getting married...until earlier this year when faced with the fact that I'm reeeally not getting any younger even if I feel 21! So I decided that if I was ever going to do it, it would have to be now.

After reading lots of blogs and getting through partway of the application process, I thought it would add some value if I started a blog to document my MBA pursuit and hopefully my MBA experience. Especially because I come from NZ - a definite minority in the MBA space especially in the top schools. It would be nice if some fellow Kiwis stumbled upon this blog and end up deciding to add to the Kiwi MBA numbers :)

So the next few posts are going to be back-posts on what I've been doing up to my present application status. Hopefully my learning during the process and from hours spent trawling forums and various blogs will be useful to a future MBA applicant.

A little about my background...
I was born in NZ, grew up in Singapore, moved back to NZ and presently live and work in Auckland. I am a marketer with an aptitude for digital and have been working in the retail sector for 7.5 years, but in very varied industries. I have eclectic interests - figure skating and aerial silks to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment